We Need Your LMCC17 Conference Proposals!
The official Call for Proposals Form for the 2017 Library Marketing and Communications Conference is now OPEN!
What We Are Looking For In 2017 Proposals
The Planning Committee of the 2017 Library Marketing and Communications Conference (LMCC) is interested in receiving proposals for presentations that showcase the tried and true, the latest trends, and the best practices in MarCom. We want you to provide practical tips and takeaways that can be immediately applied to any library’s communication and marketing efforts. We’re looking for speakers who have done this work long enough to have experiences and lessons to share. You should be able to discuss the theory behind your decisions, as well as your actions themselves, and your results.
Is that you? We hope so!
We welcome proposals from individuals or from colleagues who want to co-present. We also encourage panel submissions in which speakers will share different takes on the same topic.
You should have enough content to fill at least 45 minutes, not counting Q&A (all sessions are 60 minutes long). You’ll be able to share handouts and slides with attendees electronically.
For the 2015 LMCC program, click here.
For the 2016 LMCC program, click here.
Tracks and Topics for 2017
The proposal process will be a little different for 2017.
This year, we’ve already chosen seven tracks and the topics that fit into each one. All proposals for 1-hour sessions must fit into one of these tracks. We have listed descriptors and examples of session titles to help you determine which track your session idea will fit into. You will be asked to select no more than 2 tracks to apply for in the official CFP form.
The Marketing Cycle
(marketing 101, research, segmentation, goals, plans, assessment)
Ex.: The Benefits of Doing Market Research Before Your Campaign
(graphics, websites, experiences, SEO, apps, physical & digital wayfinding)
Ex.: Improving the User Experience in Your Library
All Things Media
(media relations, advertising, social media, video, podcasts)
Ex.: How to Get More Press Coverage
(planning, implementing, measuring success)
Ex.: Our Summer Reading Promo Campaign, From A to Z
Engaging Your Audience
(segmentation, personas, outreach, programs)
Ex.: Fishing for Patrons: How We Lured Boys and Men to Programs
(getting buy-in, working with other depts., external collaboration on events & services)
Ex.: Convincing Staffers That Marketing Is Their Job Too
(gathering data, data visualization, evaluating, writing plans, analytics)
Ex.: Measuring Our Social Media ROI
OUR CALL FOR PROPOSALS SUBMISSION FORM IS NOW OPEN!
Important Proposal Info
The actual page and form to submit your LMCC17 proposal will be ready to use by May 19th. Please return here on/after May 19th to get the link to the CFP form.
*The CFP form is NOW LIVE and ready to take your session submissions!*
Deadline for Submissions: June 5
Notification of Acceptance: June 23
If Accepted, Must Confirm You Will Speak: June 30
Criteria for Acceptance
We have also updated the way we’ll be choosing the sessions for 2017. Proposals will still be evaluated in a blind-review process. In addition, the planners will be curating some sessions, inviting proposals where necessary to fill any gaps in content that we see. This will lead to a more complete coverage of our topics, and to a higher-level learning experience for all attendees.
All session proposals will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Speakers’ knowledge and experience
- Useful / practical learning objectives
- Topics’ broad appeal
- Clarity of description
- Interactive elements
Things to keep in mind as you prepare your proposal:
- Do not mention your name or your organization’s name in your session description, since doing so hampers our blind-review process.
- Please write your proposal clearly, carefully, and completely. If you’re accepted, the info you’ve entered on this form will be the info that appears online in the conference schedule/program.
- The lead presenter will get an automated email confirming receipt of the submission.
- LMCC reserves the right to adjust session titles and edit session descriptions where necessary.
- A/V Info: Speakers will need to bring their own laptops to present from. LMCC will provide projectors, screens, podiums, mics, and tech assistance with set-up.
- NOTE: Speakers will be responsible for registering for the conference, and for arranging their own travel and lodging. Accepted speakers must register by July 28 and pay the Early Bird Registration rate of $349. Please also book your hotel room, via this link, by July 28. Do NOT book any travel until the Planning Committee has assured everyone we’ve met our hotel contract minimums. This should happen by July 1st.
- Please add LMCC’s email addresses, LibMarComConf@gmail.com and/or email@example.com, to your contact list so our future emails to you won’t go into your Spam folder.
Ready To Submit Your LMCC17 Proposal?
After May 19th, head to our CFP page to fill out our proposal form with all your contact information and session details.
If you have any questions, send an email with the subject “Speaker Questions” to LibMarComConf <at> gmail.com