2017 Library Marketing and Communications Conference Call for Proposals Form
What We Are Looking For In 2017 LMCC Session Proposals
We are interested in receiving proposals for presentations that showcase the tried and true, the latest trends, and the best practices in MarCom. We want you to provide practical tips and takeaways that can be immediately applied to any library’s communication and marketing efforts. We’re looking for speakers who have done this work long enough to have experiences and lessons to share.
We welcome proposals from individuals or from colleagues who want to co-present. We also encourage panel submissions in which speakers will share different takes on the same topic. If you have more than one presenter included in your submission, please answer appropriately in the form below so that we may collect all your contact information.
Tracks and Topics for 2017 LMCC Sessions
The proposal process will be a little different for 2017. We’ve already chosen seven tracks and the topics that fit into each one. All proposals for 1-hour sessions must fit into one of these tracks. Please read the descriptors and examples of session titles. You will be asked to select no more than 2 tracks to apply for with your session proposal in the form below.
- The Marketing Cycle
(marketing 101, research, segmentation, goals, plans, assessment)
E.x. The Benefits of Doing Market Research Before Your Campaign
- User-Centered Design
(graphics, websites, experiences, SEO, apps, physical & digital wayfinding)
E.x. Improving the User Experience in Your Library
- All Things Media
(media relations, advertising, social media, video, podcasts)
E.x. How to Get More Press Coverage
- PR Campaigns
(planning, implementing, measuring success)
Ex. Our Summer Reading Promo Campaign, From A to Z
- Engaging Your Audience
(segmentation, personas, outreach, programs)
Ex. Fishing for Patrons: How We Lured Boys and Men to Programs
- Strategic Partnerships
(getting buy-in, working with other depts., external collaboration on events & services)
Ex. Convincing Staffers That Marketing Is Their Job Too
- Data-Driven Decision-Making
(gathering data, data visualization, evaluating, writing plans, analytics)
Ex. Measuring Our Social Media ROI
Criteria for Acceptance
We have also updated the way we’ll be choosing the sessions for 2017. Proposals will still be evaluated through a blind-review process. In addition, the planners will be curating some sessions, inviting proposals where necessary to fill any gaps in content that we see. We hope this leads to a more complete coverage of topics, and to a higher-level learning experience for all attendees.
All session proposals will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Speakers’ knowledge and experience
- Useful/practical learning objectives
- Topics’ broad appeal
- Clarity of description
- Interactive elements
Deadline for proposals to be submitted: June 5
Notification of acceptance: June 23
Agreement to speak must be submitted: June 30
All accepted speakers must be registered for the conference and hotel booked: July 28
- Please do NOT mention your name or your organization’s name in your session description, since doing so hampers our blind-review process.
- Please write your proposal clearly, carefully, and completely. If you’re accepted, the info you’ve entered on this form will be the info that appears online and in the conference schedule/program.
- LMCC reserves the right to adjust session titles and edit session descriptions where necessary.
- Speakers will be responsible for registering for the conference, and for arranging their own travel and lodging. Accepted speakers must register by July 28 and pay the Early Bird Registration rate of $349. Speakers are responsible for bringing their own laptops to present from – all other A/V equipment is provided. Wi-Fi will be available, but we can’t promise stability or reliability. Do not depend on internet access during your session.
*Please make sure to scroll down after this page refreshes to check for the message that says Successfully Submitted or See Highlighted Errors. Please keep your own copy of the info you submit, since the form will not email one back to you.*
Submit Your LMCC17 Session Proposal Below
Thank you for sharing your expertise and submitting a proposal for LMCC17! We will inform accepted speakers by June 23, 2017. If you have any questions please send an email with the subject line “Speaker Questions” to: LibMarComConf <at> gmail.com
Just a reminder, our submissions close on June 5th and we will inform accepted speakers by June 23, 2017. If you have any questions please send an email with the subject line “Speaker Questions” to: LibMarComConf <at> gmail.com